October 4, 1996
PO Box 908
Newberg, OR 97132-0908
The October Bible drive is under way: Our fifth annual drive here in the northwest is now in progress. Many churches and individuals have called to express their support. Many help with the October publicity but remember the collection centers accept Bibles year round.
Praise God! We now have a new printer for the Scripture portions after all these months. They are a ministry with a fairly new press with 3 webs and they are now printing 10,000,000 portions for us.
Rejoice with us! We are getting wonderful letters telling how God is using his word to change lives. We have sent many Bibles and much Scripture to the prison where P.T. is and we've received a letter from a man that was saved when in prison there and is now free and living for the Lord as an evangelist. New areas keep opening up. A long time supporter introduced to us a missionary to Europe that will help get Scriptures into a number of areas including Austria, Bosinia, Macedonia Bulgaria, and Yugoslavia.
Over 100 countries use the English language and cries for Bibles pour in. A seamen's center in Senegal, a young minister in Cameroon, an evangelist in Zimbabwe, 'juju' priest converts in Nigeria, plus thousands more need English Bibles. Remember, the more help, the more Scripture goes out. Please pray the Lord of the harvest will raise up more folks to help.
From the mail bag:
- GHANA: "I am the boy which you reply this week. I have pray to Lord and I think He has forgive me my sins...I have read all the scriptures that you send me and now I believe Jesus is my Saviour...now you have help me to known more about Jesus."
- GHANA: "You ask me to read 48 scripture selections at least 100 times and ask the Lord as I read them...God will reveal more about Himself...the Lord has done that in my life. He has change my attitude towards elder people, the way I talk with faulty word He has change within me. I thank Him a lot for what He has done in my life...now I can talk to my friends about the word of God and stop my friends from doing...things which the Lord does not like. Thank you very much for your dedication."
- GHANA: "I thank you for 48 scripture you gave me. You want me to know the words of God. I cannot tell all, but God gave me freedom to do everything and everyday I pray to God that God give me wisdom. I thank you again for 48 scripture you gave me to read, that thing help me to know the words of God."
- GHANA: "To begin...my story: In fact we were very very bad boys in our area to the extent that we were readers of everybody's material, but thank God that we are all saved now. Our normal activities is to go to dance, watch bad films and even steal when possible. But as I said, we really thank God we've seen the light. But one thing which help in our connection is your ministry. As a matter of fact, it happen that my friend wrote to you and the result was Bible and to tell you the truth, the Bible really transformed our lives and today we can boldly say we are saved now. So, I wrote to you to congratulate you and your ministry for the good work you've done. But the sad news is, I have no Bible of my own. So please send me one."
- GHANA: "Please, Sir, I have done what you told me and, Sir, I am seeing change in my life and I know God will bless you very very much for what you have done to change my life."
Folks that will be in the Newberg area Monday, October 21, 1996 are invited to an open house from 7 to 8 p.m. Photos, materials, visiting and an optional work project will be available at Newberg Friends Church, 307 South College Street in Newberg, in the Barclay A room of the back building. Parking is available behind the church, off 4th Street.
To request more information about Bible Foundation or to leave a comment
Back to News Index Page
Back to Bible Foundation Index