January 2, 1996
PO Box 908
Newberg, OR 97132-0908
You are invited to an open house and work party Monday, January 15 between 7 and 8 p.m. Come and go as you please. Look at the photos and materials that show the ministry; visit and ask questions, and help package some Bibles for mailing, if you feel like it.
Churches are asked to send representatives and announce in their services and groups that there are volunteer opportunities to help send thousands of Bibles overseas. The Scripture ministry has many aspects, including courier opportunities for international travelers and military personnel. Folks that would like to get involved are encouraged to explore the possibilities.
The NW Bible drive was a wonderful success with almost 6,000 Bibles, Testaments, etc. coming in during October and November, with over 7,000 for the whole year. Just before the end of the year, $2,500.00 was donated for the purchase of another 2,000+ one dollar Bibles and another $1,000.00 was donated which can be used for postage. Rejoice with us in all that the Lord is doing.
From the mail bag:
- Missouri: A Sunday school class of 7 children collected 100 Bibles and mailed them and the teacher wrote: "Thank you so much for the opportunity to provide God's Word to other countries."
- INDIA: "I am overwhelmed by your response in sending me the Bible."
- NIGERIA: "May God bless you for your effort in sending gospel materials to Nigeria in Jesus' name."
- CAMEROON: "I am a young preacher of age 26 years. For long time, I was searching where my vision can be revolutionalised. Thank God who have lead me into your ministry."
- UGANDA: "Thanks for the Bible Foundation Ministry that the Lord has entrusted into your leadership. Thanks for the vision you have at least to give used Bibles to those believers who have no Bibles. Keep on! We are supporting you by our daily prayers. ...Therefore as I have already mentioned in my first letter, we are displaced and most of us are refugees here in Uganda. We have lost almost all the necessary materials for our personal use and the Lord's work, due to the civil war in the Sudan. There is GREAT NEED of Bibles among the displaced people in the camps. Kindly we beg more used Bibles. People very much like the Word of God (Bibles)."
- GHANA: "Thank you for the five (5) Holy Bibles that arrived at our end. ...Ordained murder (executioner) is listening to Gospel daily and also demanded for Bible. The paramount chief also called on us for Bible. School children are eager to possess New Testaments for their daily study. Really there is a great need. Help us to populate heaven."
- GHANA: "Fourth week ago I have fast for 3 days and I ask God to give me a Holy Bible, so the moment I came across your address I thanked God so much."
- GHANA: "Firstly sir, I will like to thank you for your tract you publish entitled "HIM GOD RAISED UP" which was gave to me by my friends. It tells me that when Christ died, He raise up again, and also say's through His name whosoever believed in Him shall (have) remission of sins. And this has touch my heart to write you to help me and my relatives and friends to have everlasting life."
Please come if possible Monday, January 15, 1995, 7-8 PM at Newberg Friends Church, 307 South College Street in Newberg, in the Barclay A room of the back building. Parking is available behind the church, off 4th Street.
To request more information about Bible Foundation or to leave a comment
Back to News Index Page
Back to Bible Foundation Index