January 13, 1997
PO Box 908
Newberg, OR 97132-0908
1996 was a great year: The Lord continues to raise up folks to help move Scripture. Over 5700 Bibles, NT's, etc. were collected last year with over 3200 of them coming in after the October drive started. The mail volume escalated and over 20,000 letters came in from around the world. More and more people are finding out that they can get involved and assist with moving Scriptures to needy hearts.
Praise God! Trucker Dan has agreed to assist with moving some very needed cartons from southern California to Newberg. The printer in Ohio has printed the 10,000,000 portions and they are now being cut, cartoned, and palletized. Please pray that we will be able to work out good transportation arrangements.
Rejoice with us! The mail we receive continues to bring wonderful heart warming stories of how God is delivering souls and people are growing in the Lord and learning to commune with the Lord. Bibles have been moving into Europe and our Austrian connection established a contact in Ireland. Saint Louis, MO reported good success with the Bible drive with more participation.
From the mail bag:
- SRI LANKA: "I write to you having had the blessed opportunity of reading just one tract published by you. I am a born again Christian serving the Lord in this remote Buddhist and Hindu village where the gospel of our Lord Jesus has not been preached before, and in charge of a few born again Christians who are actively involved with me in preaching, teaching, and witnessing about the Lord Jesus in hospitals, prisons and from house to house. We do not belong to any denomination, but serve the Lord of our own free will. The reason I write is to very humbly appeal to you to send us a grant of these greatly needed tracts along with any other literature you could spare to help us win lost souls and strengthen new believers in their faith."
- MALAWI: "Your good work of love for this dying world is also known to us. Would you please send us 1,000 gospel tracts and 20 used Bibles to be freely distributed to those who have no any single copy of the Word of God to read at their own time at home and at church."
- IVORY COAST: " I am a young pastor who had just qualified for the pastoral work in la Cote d'Ivoire wants to get a Bibles, both French and English to do the work of God."
- NIGERIA: " I, the Evangelist, that love to go to rural area and preach the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Sir, in this unction I request for more of your tracts."
- MALAWI: " Thank you very much for the Bibles you have sent for us. All of them had arrived safely at our Post Office and we have receive them in good condition. Brethren, we have distributed all the Bibles in our church...and as a result of this distribution network many had committed their lives to Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord for this new born babies in the family of God that they may grow spiritually in Christ."
- INDIA: " I praise our Lord Jesus Christ for the safe arrival of the Bibles, NT's and the leaflets containing scripture portions. I must thank you a lot for sending them again to me."
- Portland, OR: " Thank you so much for the Bibles. They were just what we needed. They will bring great joy to the Center for our seniors. Again thank you."
Folks that will be in the Newberg area Monday, January 20, 1997 are invited to an open house from 7 to 8 p.m. Photos, materials, visiting and an optional work project will be available at Newberg Friends Church, 307 South College Street in Newberg, in the Barclay A room of the back building. Parking is available behind the church, off 4th Street.
To request more information about Bible Foundation or to leave a comment
Back to News Index Page
Back to Bible Foundation Index