July 8, 1996
PO Box 908
Newberg, OR 97132-0908
The mail floods in! Most of the mail is from overseas but requests for the free Scripture portions and trays from stateside continue to come in also. The volume of foreign mail has escalated from 300 to 400 letters a week to over 1,000 letters a week with a high week of over 1350. The present volunteer staff was able to keep current with about 750 letters a week; so, you can see the Lord continues to provide opportunities for more volunteers. The need for the Scriptures is ever so great.
Speaker available. If you know of anyone looking for a speaker please let them know about Bible Foundation. I am even available for small group home meetings.
Please pray that the Lord will provide the volunteers and means to distribute many more tons of Scripture around the world.
From the mail bag:
- MYANMAR: " Thank you very much for your kindness and love toward us. May God bless you and all the donors more abundantly."
- GHANA: "I am by this letter expressing my profound gratitude to you on the Bibles sent to me."
- ETHIOPIA: "I thank you so much for your continuous support toward the work of the Lord here in the Ethipioan."
- GHANA: " I am a Muslem and am writing you this letter...I want to get a Bible."
- MALAWI: " Thank you very much for the Bibles mailed to us. They are being used by preachers for the harvest of lost souls. May God richly reward you for the great work you are undertaking."
- GHANA: A young man wrote: "My conversion brought a big conflict between me and my father. The whole family were against me, branded me a black goat in the family. My father told my three elder brothers to poison my food if they get the chance. Also anybody who will kill me will be doing a great service to Allah because I have betray the Islamic religion." He then said he went to school and became a pastor and started a church and most of the converts were Muslims. He said "Also most of the Moslem converts are able to read and write, so I will beg you to help us with your old Bibles so as to combat the bad doctrines of the Islamic religion. The moslem are seriously evangelizing, but Jesus is always victorious."
Folks that will be in the Newberg area Monday, July 15, 1996 are invited to an open house from 7 to 8 p.m. Photos, materials, visiting and an optional work project will be available at Newberg Friends Church, 307 South College Street in Newberg, in the Barclay A room of the back building. Parking is available behind the church, off 4th Street.
To request more information about Bible Foundation or to leave a comment
Back to News Index Page
Back to Bible Foundation Index